As we turn the corner from a season marked by words like thanksgiving, thanks, grateful, Books & Such Literary Management doesn’t only want to express our gratitude for you who frequent or have stumbled upon this blog.
We’d like to also explore what it might be like to view our writing from a place of gratitude.
What if before our fingers touched the laptop keys waiting for them, we took time to fully feel and fully express our gratefulness?
Writing from a Place of Gratitude
- For words and their ability to rearrange us
- For the privilege of writing
- For the gift of imagination
- For the tools of our craft
- For the authors who’ve gone before us, taught us, mentored us
- For the ability to publish in a multitude of formats
- For readers
- For reviewers
- For our support teams
- For those who purchase books because no matter the price, it’s a bargain
- For our agents 🙂
- For editors, freelance and otherwise
- For marketing teams and sales teams and art departments and warehouse fulfillment
- For writer friends
- For books that guide us in the craft
- For books that inspire strength and courage
- For retailers
- For libraries and librarians
- For bookmobiles and Little Free Libraries
- For paper and ink
- For ideas
- For the intersection of what we have to say and what the world needs to hear
- For The Author
You may find it beneficial to consider the above list and add to it before you begin your next writing session or season.
Or you may want to pray a prayer like this one:
Keep my fingers nimble
And my mind agile.
Fill me with wild ideas, Lord,
Then tame them for Your glory.
As I sit in my storytelling chair
Draw around me those
Longing for a good story
That will keep their souls nimble
And their minds agile
And their imaginations dancing
With wild ideas
That give You glory.