So much more than a literary agency
At Books & Such, we help authors to build careers. From the smallest detail of the next book idea, to the big picture of the writer’s lifelong dreams, we work strategically to help each author reach his or her writing and publishing goals.
We help authors:
- Develop top-notch ideas
- Get the smartest deal for each book
- Think strategically about their careers
- Remain informed about major shifts in the publishing industry
- Stay innovative
- Identify and cultivate their brand
- Understand book marketing and social media
We go above and beyond the usual literary agency services by:
- Providing continuing education, exclusive to our clients, via webinars and
- Connecting our clients with each other through an online forum, enabling them to offer insights they’ve gained, or to ask for help from fellow writers.
- Creating Editors Select, a 24/7, password-protected website that showcases all of our clients’ current projects to publishers.
- Regularly highlighting projects to editors via direct, customized e-newsletters.
- Offering a self-publishing arm of the agency. Our project manager and your agent will help you to choose between traditional, print-on-demand, and digital publishing. Our project manager oversees the creation of your print-on-demand and digital titles while providing you with her expert guidance.
- Hosting a retreat for clients and their spouses at resort locales for in-depth workshops and individual planning time with the author’s agent.
- Seeking free-lance writing projects for clients who desire this type of work.
What publishing colleagues have to say about us:
Rolf Zettersten, Publisher, FaithWords/Center Street, Hachette Book Group
Dwight Baker, President/CEO, Baker Publishing Group
Jenny Baumgartner, Senior Acquisitions Editor, Nelson Books
Jan Long Harris, Executive Publisher, Tyndale Momentum