By Wendy Lawton
Who is it? If you’ve followed Books & Such for a long time, you probably know quite a bit about us. Let’s test your knowledge of these fun facts, both common knowledge and obscure. There will be a prize basket of wonderful books and an authentic Books & Such mug filled with my favorite teas.
Scoring will be based on trust, since I’ll need to provide the key below. Don’t look until you are finished answering. 🙂 Take a piece of paper and number from 1 – 20. Then write your answers to the who-is-it questions below
- One of our esteemed agents began as an intern at Books & Such the summer after her junior year of college. Who is it?
- Nearly every time this agent has gone on vacation, she has made a major sale while sitting on the beach. Who is it?
- This agent drives a sporty, silver BMW convertible. Who is it?
- For 33 years, she wrote, produced, and served as an on-air voice for a daily, fifteen-minute scripted radio drama/devotional program which broadcast on 48 stations across the country. Who is it?
- She taught ballroom dancing for several years. Who is it?
- She received an honorary doctorate from an east coast university. Who is it?
- She was the first woman to open a literary agency in the CBA. Who is it?
- She is married to a firefighter. Who are they?
- Literary management is her second career. She received a Lifetime Achievement Award in her first career. Who is it?
- She is past president of one of the premier writing associations in the CBA. Who is it?
- She has already climbed three of the 14,000 foot mountains in her state. Who is it?
- She won The Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year Award in junior high school. Who is it?
- She had her own literary imprint at a major publisher. Who is it?
- She is not only a very busy agent but she is still actively writing award-winning books as well. Who is it?
- Just weeks ago, she became a grandmother again. Who is it?
- She’s a gourmet cook and a wine connoisseur. Who is it?
- Before becoming an agent, she wrote middle grade historical fiction. Who is it?
- The very first sale she made on becoming an agent was a three-book fantasy (yes, fantasy!) deal to a major publisher. Who is it?
- Her dog had his own Facebook account. Who is it?
- In 2018, these agents surpassed their sales goals. Who are they?
Scoring: There are a total of 25 points available. Check the key below against your answers and then tell us how many you got correct in the comments below. The person with the highest number of correct answers will win the prize. In the case of a tie, we’ll draw for the prize from those sharing the highest number of correct answers.
I will announce the winner right here on Friday evening: Congratulations to Mary Kay Moody!
- Rachelle and Rachel
- Janet, Wendy, Rachel, Rachelle and Cynthia!