Blogger: Rachel Kent
Since it’s the Friday after a holiday weekend, I thought I’d keep the blog topic light and fun for the day. Children’s books have been on my mind. I read A LOT of children’s books these days with my daughter. And recently, I received a baby shower invitation for my sister-in-law’s shower asking me to bring a favorite children’s book instead of a card with my gift. I guess this is a new thing! This made me think hard about what my favorite children’s books are.
Here is a list of the current five favorite children’s books in our house. These are all going to be books for young children, but don’t feel like you need to stick with picture books in your list of favorites. I’m looking forward to reading about your family favorites, too.
1) Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown– this classic is one of my daughter’s favorites. She likes the red balloon the best.
2) The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle–I get to read this one at least 5 times each week.
3) Thank You God For Mommy by Amy Parker– This is one of MY favorites. I cry almost every time I read this book.
4) Olivia by Ian Falconer– This little, energetic pig reminds me of someone…
5) Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton– This book has inspired my daughter to walk around with pants on her head on many occasions. There’s a silly turkey that can’t get dressed properly. It cracks her up.
Did/do you read these books to your children?
What were your favorites as a child?
What are your family favorites?