Blogger: Michelle Ule
Sitting in for Wendy Lawton who is attending the International Christian Retailing Show today.
Are you running out of ideas of what to blog about?
It’s a common problem if you’ve been blogging for any length of time.
You reach a point where you can’t think of a single thing of any importance that you want to write about.
What to do?
31 blog prompts
- Ask friends what they would be interested in reading from you.
- Think about an incident in your writing life that gave you joy and write about it.
- Take a week and write about any subject matter you happen to be interested in at the time.
- Look up “trending” on Google and see if anything is being discussed which sparks your imagination.
- What have you read lately and loved? Write about the why and how of the book.
- What’s happening outside your window? Describe it and why you think it’s worth looking at.
- Write about the latest research finding in what ever you’re currently writing about.
- Describe your favorite teacher and what s/he did that was so important.
- Tell a funny story from your childhood about something you misunderstood and why it stuck with you.
- Who is your hero? Why? Where did you meet him/her and what made them heroic?
- Who is your favorite president of the 19th century and why?
- What trait do you admire most in a friend?
- Why are you writing about your particular subject area?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen lately on social media?
- How old were you when you first saw Star Wars and what was your reaction?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- Have you considered Pinterest for blogging ideas? 🙂
- If you could go back in time, where you would you and why?
- What does your personal handwriting look like and does it make a difference?
- Revisit some of your favorite writings and describe your reaction to them now.
- Consider posting a paragraph of your current project and describe why it is important.
- What’s your favorite parable and why?
- What was your favorite subject in school and how does it inform your current writing?
- Tell a spooky story that changed your life.
- Describe the craziest vacation you ever took?
- Have you ever been on a mission trip? What did you learn?
- What food do you hate and why?
- Describe the most likely animal to be found in your current writing project and discuss why it might be important.
- Who is your favorite writer and include a short passage demonstrating and discussing why.
- Do you like poetry?
- How does music affect your mood?
There you go, one idea for every day of a long month. Some of them are ridiculous, sure, but with a little thought any one of them could trigger an idea.
For me personally, the best place to dream up a blogging idea is when I’m least expecting it. I describe my process in this post.
How about you? Where do you get blogging inspiration?
31 desperate blogging ideas. Click to Tweet
What to blog about now? 31 prompts. Click to Tweet