Blogger: Rachel Kent
We are heading to Charleston, SC for the Books & Such client retreat tomorrow! We are so excited for this time and it’s a great place to connect on many levels. Here are some of the reasons we have this wonderful retreat:
- Connecting with our clients! We get to meet face-to-face with many of our clients in a beautiful setting. Connecting face-to-face allows for deep brainstorming, conversation, etc. to work with our clients and to help plan their writing careers.
- Connecting clients with each other! It’s awesome for creatives to get together. We always see amazing ideas sprouting and some great projects have hatched from time our clients have spent together. Also, these are your supporters and friends both new and old. It’s always a blessing to add more cheerleaders to your life.
- Connecting our clients with industry professionals. We have editors, marketers and publicity specialists attending our retreats. Our retreats allow for our clients to engage with these knowledgeable people and to connect about project ideas and promotion.
- Wonderful instruction! Our clients will be taught by agents and industry professionals in an intimate setting where questions are welcomed.
- FUN! Our retreats always leave time for fun! We have free time in the afternoons to explore Charleston together. We are going to visit a working tea plantation and some of us are going on a tour of historic homes in the area. It should be amazing!
Have you been to Charleston? What are some of your favorite travel locations?