Blogger: Wendy Lawton
I’ve often thought that if I had enough time I should be able to trace the literary antecedents for many authors. I thought it might be fun today if we named a few of our literary heroes or literary mentors.
Here’s my stab at it:
- I’d like to be able to create an epic story like Helen Hooven Santmyer. (One of my favorite books: And Ladies of the Club.)
- I’d be happy if I was as hard working a writer as Louis L’amour.
- I wish I could make history come alive like Philippa Gregory.
- I wish I could touch the heart of the reader like Debbie Macomber.
- I’d give it all up to write just one book like To Kill A Mockingbird.
- I’d like to write a book as simple and profound as Sarah, Plain and Tall or Charlotte’s Web or Winnie the Pooh.
- I’d like to be able to communicate like C. S. Lewis.
I could go on and on, but I won’t. How about you? Do you have some literary heroes?
If you could write like any author, who would it be? Click to Tweet
Who are your literary heroes? Click to Tweet