Blogger: Rachel Kent
Here are some verses that are wonderful for everyone, but I believe they can be especially helpful for writers. I put a little line about when I think they could be helpful, but they could apply to other circumstances as well. I hope something here touches you today. Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!
1) A verse for when you face discouragement or rejection: Colossians 3:23-24 “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. (NLT)”
2) A verse for your book release day or for before author talks or book signings: Deuteronomy 31:6 “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. (NLT)”
3) A verse for when a deadline is approaching and you feel overwhelmed: Philippians 4:6- 7 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (NLT)”
4) A verse for when you are wondering why you write: Matthew 28:18-20 “Jesus came and told his disciples, ‘I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’ (NLT)”
5) A verse for when you feel overwhelmed, fearful, or alone: Psalm 46: 1-3 “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! (NLT)”
6) When you need to refocus: 1 Peter 4:10 “God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. (NLT)”
7) When you feel like you aren’t getting anywhere with your writing: Psalm 37:4 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. (NLT)”
8 ) When you are questioning your value as a writer or when you are facing financial struggles: Matthew 6:26 “Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? (NLT)”
9) When you are tired or weary: Isaiah 40: 30-31 “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)”
10) When waiting gets tough: Lamentations 3:24-25 “I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.’ The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; (NIV)”
Did one of these verses speak to you today? Which one?
Is there a verse that’s not listed here that has been especially helpful to you in your writing journey?