Blogger: Michelle Ule
Location: Books & Such Main Office, Santa Rosa, Calif.
It used to be that, for first-time writers, the best way to break into the publishing world was through writing nonfiction. Yet without a platform, today it’s difficult for writers to find traction in the market, and without a recognizable name, their personal stories, even if wonderful, are less likely to be purchased.
Let’s do an informal survey on nonfiction books.
- What are you interested in reading in the nonfiction realm?
- What have you liked in the past and why?
- What would you like to see published?
- What holes are out there, and what types of writers should fill them?
- How helpful has nonfiction been to your personal life?