Blogger: Wendy Lawton
Normally when we post blogs we aim to focus on you, the writer, and your needs. Today, it’s all about me. I’m going to do a blog-post-selfie and tell you why I love being a literary agent.
2. Reading is part of my job description.
3. I get to hand choose the people I will work with. My clients are the créme de la créme.
4. Confession: I like giving advice. (Just ask my grown kids.)
5. One career was never enough for me. Now I get to be part of more than fifty different careers.
6. I am still fascinated by the industry in which we work– with all its twists and turns, changes and retrenchments.
7. I love a challenge and finding the perfect publisher for a book, especially in a formidable market, makes my day. Actually, makes my week.
8. I’ve always loved negotiating and finding that win-win solution. That’s exactly what this job is about.
9. My clients and colleagues are among the best-read people I’ve ever met. They are the very people I’d seek out in a crowded room.
10. Did I mention that copious reading is a required part of this job?
So there. All about me. But now it’s your turn to do a selfie. Give me at least three reasons why you love being a writer?