Blogger: Rachelle Gardner
Life is all about choices, and when we choose to pursue a passion that’s time-consuming, we have to say no to other things. I’ve chosen to be a literary agent, which is pretty demanding. But I’m also a mom, a wife, a writer and editor. I exercise regularly, I see my friends, and I dedicate significant time to my kids. But pursuing my passions isn’t without a cost—I’ve had to let go of some perfectly good things.
- I don’t watch much TV.
- I don’t scrapbook, knit or crochet.
- I don’t separate the whites from the colors.
- I don’t grow a garden.
- I don’t cook gourmet meals.
- I don’t play computer games.
- I don’t go to PTA meetings.
- I don’t play golf or tennis.
- I don’t homeschool.
- I don’t remember everyone’s birthday.
- I don’t run marathons or 10K races.
- I don’t ever sleep past 6am—7 on weekends.
So, now that I’ve admitted to some things I’d like to do if I had more time… what about you?
Have you given up anything in order to pursue writing?
What have you given up to pursue writing? Click to Tweet.
I don’t scrapbook, knit, cook gourmet meals or grow a garden. What don’t YOU do? Click to Tweet.
Sometimes pursuing your passion means giving up some perfectly good things. Click to Tweet.