Welcome to Books & Such Literary Management
So much more than an agency
At Books & Such, we help authors to build careers. From the smallest detail of the next book idea, to the big picture of the writer’s lifelong dreams, we work strategically to help each author reach his or her writing and publishing goals.
We help authors to:
- Develop top-notch ideas
- Get the smartest deal for each book
- Think strategically about their careers
- Be informed about the major shifts in the publishing industry
- Stay innovative
- Identify and cultivate their own brand
- Understand book marketing and social media
- Choose between traditional, print-on-demand, and digital publishing and provide the connections to do any combination of these, with a project manager to oversee print-on-demand and digital titles.
We go above and beyond the usual literary agency services by:
- Offering continuing education, exclusive to our clients, via webinars and in-person sessions.
- Connecting our clients with each other through an online forum, enabling them to offer insights they’ve gained, or to ask for help from fellow writers.
- Creating Editors Select, a 24/7, password-protected website that showcases all of our clients’ projects to publishers..
- Regularly highlighting projects to editors via direct, customized e-newsletters.
- Developing Library Insider, a national database of acquiring librarians’ contact information, used in mailings to prompt library systems to order a specific title. Unlike other library databases, Library Insider is equipped to track results and is updated weekly.
- Hosting a bi-annual retreat for clients and their spouses at resort locales for
in-depth workshops and individual planning time with the author’s agent.
Find out more about:
- Who we are
- Who we represent
- How to submit a project to us
- Helpful articles on the publishing industry
- Resources that can help you to succeed in publishing
We look forward to connecting with you.